The Annual Butts County Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet is set for Thursday, March 12th at the Central Georgia EMC Annex from 5:30 PM-8:30 PM. The banquet is the Chamber’s signature annual event and, in addition to being the yearly business meeting of the organization, it is also the event where a number of citizens, businesses and organizations are recognized for their good works in the community. This year’s awards include:
- Hall of Fame Award, which is the Chamber’s highest recognition given to an individual for many years of diverse community service or a body of work that has made a positive and lasting impact on the community through significant contributions of time and effort.
- Citizen of the Year Award, which is the Chamber’s highest recognition given to an individual whose individual acts or work over the previous year of 2019 has brought distinction and honor to the community.
- Outstanding Organization Award, which is presented by the Chamber to a community-based non-profit organization for works performed during the previous year that has been beneficial to the community.
- Business of the Year Award, which is presented to a business member of the Chamber who has earned a reputation for integrity and community service, and which has had a positive impact on the county as a place to live, work and operate a business.
- Employee of the Year Award, which is presented to an employee who has involved themselves in community activities, outstanding work, employee involvement or contributions that have made their business distinguished in the county.
- Shining Light Award, which is presented to an individual or individuals for acts which have given them distinction as community or civic leaders over the past year.
In addition to the awards section, the annual Chamber business meeting will be held, which includes the recognition of outgoing board members, the installation of incoming board members and the passing of the Chairman’s gavel.
One of the highlights of the Chamber Banquet is the table decorations, which are each decorated by a local business or organization in the community. These table decorations represent Butts County and showcase the creative talents of many individuals who give their time to decorate them. The Chamber has independent judging of tables and a prize is awarded for the best one at the event.
Special thanks is given to Ann-Marie Pope, Interim Executive Director, the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce and our staff and volunteer team for coordinating the Chamber of Commerce banquet. For tickets or other information, please visit the Chamber website at www.buttschamber.com where you can purchase tickets or a table, or contact the Chamber at 770-775-4839.