The historic J.R. Carmichael House reopened on Saturday, December 10th from 1PM until 5PM for its first public unveiling, following a successful series of private showings earlier this month. The beautiful Queen Anne-style mansion on McDonough Road has recently undergone a major renovation, following a number of years on the market, where it remained empty and neglected.
The new owners, Gale and Karen Garrett, who have been working on the house and grounds for months, plan to build and open an event center on the property in the year ahead. The property will be managed by their daughter and son-in-law, who are living on the premises.
The mansion, at the junction of Second Street and McDonough Road in Jackson was built in 1898, along with the Butts County Courthouse and the Jackson Presbyterian Church. All three were designed by the architectural firm of Bruce in Morgan in Atlanta, who were considered to be the most prestigious architectural firm in Georgia at that time.
We look forward to many future events in this beautiful landmark and wish the Garrett family the best of luck in their ventures!